Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I ventured out

After 4 days of complete recuperation I ventured out for an hour to book group.  Jerry drove me and I came home early.  I did really great.  I'm tired.  But it really does help to move around...much less cramps and twinges. 

I love this book group.  I started it through our Newcomers Group almost 6 years ago now.  We meet one evening a month (with Augusts off).  We've read a wonderful variety of books,  have had wonderful conversations (on and off topic),  enjoyed great desserts and goodies, and drank our share of wine (one of the really good things about evening book group over the morning book group is the wine!).  Since last September we've had a little growth spurt in membership and the new voices are a wonderful addition.  I feel so fortunate to have this group in my life and I will miss it when I move to Florida.

 

 

No comments: