Wednesday, June 25, 2008

B-12 and Calcium

My doctor told me I should be taking B-12 and calcium supplements because the medication that I take for indigestion/GIRD can interfere with the uptake of those vitamins in your stomach from the food you eat.  I said "OK".  I've been taking them for amost 3 weeks now along with a low dose synthyroid (for my newly diagnosed lazy thyroid) and I'm feeling great.  Not so many naps...weight seems easier to lose.  And according to the websites I read today being difficient in B-12 can cause "moderate cognitive impairment"!!! Now that explains it!  combine menopause with a low thyroid and a probable B-12 deficiency...it's a wonder I've been able to string together two coherant sentences (I hear Jerry chuckling now).  So I'm expecting to finally understand Calculus and physics anyday now...ok...maybe just remembering phone numbers would make me happy.  Anyway...calcium is also supposed to boost your metabolism...so I'm working out, eating right, and taking my pills...and I plan to be a more slender woman who can remember the name of the person I met yesterday SOON!

No comments: