Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Magic of Intertwined Memories

I went to Disneyland with good friends of mine on Saturday night. And as it happens everytime I go, I find myself amazed at how much the essence of Disneyland never changes.

I have been going to Disneyland since 1960 and when I was growing up we went at least once a year and in my teen years even more. When we had Jason and still lived in So Cal we had a season pass. I've seen Disneyland through the eyes of a child, a teen, a young adult, and then again through the eyes of my child. All those memories and experience intertwine into a tightly woven fabric of sights sounds and even smells.

Now when I go as an adult with adults I can still "see" things through the eyes of the child I was. I'm always thrilled that Disney is still vibrant, colorful, magical, and the same as it always was in all the important ways.

There are few things in life that remain true to memory...Disneyland is one.

No comments: