Friday, April 3, 2009

Lunch with Sheriff John

Have you ever had a memory flash triggered by the smell of food or the taste? I’m sure we all have. The other day it was a bacon sandwich that did it for me. We were having lunch with John and Susan at Brophy’s on Snell Island Blvd. I took that first bite of a grilled cheese and bacon sandwich on white bread and in a flash and for an instant I was 7 years old, sitting on our rose colored sofa, eating a bacon sandwich, and watching Sheriff John on TV. When I was 6 and 7 I was sick a lot, allergies, bronchitias, etc. So I was home from school a lot. I spent many days laying on the rose colored sofa in our living room watching cartoons and Sheriff John on our TV in the corner of the room. Mom would make me lunch and bring it to me on a TV tray. So many, many lunches with that handsome, toothsome fellow, Sheriff John (Put another candle on your birthday cake, your birthday cake……).

No comments: