Sunday, January 18, 2009

Home and Happy to Be

Had a great visit in So Cal. Was fortunate to spend time with friends and family and to enjoy absolutely spectacular weather. One day it was 81 degrees (and lo humidity) while it was 18 in Philly! While in So Cal, I drove out to Moreno Valley to see my sister Maribeth and her family, had dinner with my Sanchez counsins Bob and Richard and their families, and a wonderful long visit with my Aunt Elena, enjoyed a leisurely lunch of carnitas,beans, rice and pie at the Chaparros, went on an "appetizer/dessert" crawl with Judy, had lunch in Laguna with a view with Betty and Del, shopped at Fashion Island with mom, ate at Felix's Cuban restaurant in Orange with my delightful niece Melanie and her delightful family,...yes...I ate, ate, shopped a little, and ate some more...oh yes...dinner my last night in Laguna with good friends Jerry and Carol. Yes...I'm probably 4 lbs heavier! Fasting this week! Here are a few photos of my great week...more are on my flickr site....www.flickr.com/photos/abaesel

My cousin BobbyMy cousin Richard and Bobby's wife Peggy

Mom enjoying her mocha capucchino with chocolate whipped cream at Fashion Island, Newport Beach.

Mom, Del and Betty overlooking Main Beach in Laguna Beach

Caitlin, Andy and Me at Felix's Cuban Restaurant in Orange....obviously having a very good time.

My sister's adorable new cat...Prince CHarmingMy grand-niece (or is that great-niece) Katelyn Rose MarleyKatelyn's brother Jonathon...such as happy fellow.

No comments: