Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Notes from the Left Coast

Visiting Mom in So Cal.  Spending time running errands, visiting doctors, dining with old friends and family.  Weather is particularly fine, especially for August which can be really hot and smoggy.  Getting my fill of really good Mexican food (Casa Blanca last night in Hacienda Heights and Olivia's tonight in Riverside).  Spent a bit of Monday in downtown Laguna Beach (thank heavens for mom's handicapped placard, we would have never had found decent parking for her).  Shopped at chico's...I love Chico's! 

Had dinner with Carol and Jerry and their friend Ellen (who I finally got to meet after hearing of her for years and years and years) overlooking the pacific at The Cliff on Pacific Coast Highway.  A little chilly but worth watching the sun set at the edge of the Pacific Ocean.  Here is Carol with HippieDuck who really enjoyed Laguna Beach.  She wanted to stay!

 

Sunday we had lunch and good talk with Judy.  We ate at BJs grill in Laguna Hills ..our favorite thing to do as a threesome...as always I had the sesame chicken salad and Judy had the barbeque chicken salad with chicken tenders and ranch dressing  (which we always"help" her with). 

  In the afternoon we went with my cousin Bob and went over to see Uncle Bob and Aunt Elena in their new apartment in Leisure World (yes I know it is now Laguna Woods).  My uncle is now 90 and Aunt Elena is almost 87...both are really slowing down...but they seemed happy to be in their new place and closer to my cousins Richard and Bob.  We talked about old times, family, and my cousins Bob, bless him, went out and brought back In and Out Burgers...yeah!!!

No comments: